Thursday, October 31, 2013

Prayer is where the action is !

I have no idea why but God has chosen not to act without the prayers of his people. It is no accident that you are reading this blog at this particular minute.  So I'm asking all  Christians that find your way to this blog to join me in 15 minutes of prayer daily.

Claim God's promise in I John 1:9. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Please pray daily for whatever burden the Holy spirit has put on your soul. My particular burden is to pray for all the abused and mistreated  of this world, both people and animals.

Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit I have done an extensive study of prayer that is pleasing to
God and invokes action on His part.  First I will list the order of prayer that works miracles and then discuss the Bible verses that the Holy spirit laid on my heart. First, bind the Strong Man then, Praise ,Thanksgiving, Confession, Intercession and then Petition in this order. You will notice that petition comes last ( praying for your personal needs) and most of us place this at the head of the list and maybe not even consider the other five at all.

1. Bind the strong man. James 4:7 Resist the devil and he will flee from you. You have to get rid of the devil before he will allow you to have a prayer session. (the phone will ring or a dozen other distractions) Just tell him to get out and leave you alone in the name of Jesus and he will flee.

2.Praise the Lord. Psalm 100:4 "enter His gates with thanksgiving and His Courts with praise. Give thanks to Him: bless His name." The only way to enter God's gate and be in his court is with thanksgiving and praise. Once we enter the gate and are in His court then and only then, may we petition the Lord!  Praise is making love to God.

3. Thanksgiving -   Philippians 4:6 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to god."

4.Confession -  I John 1:9  "If I regard iniquity in my heart the Lord will not hear me. But if I confess my sins He is faithful and just and will forgive my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness." Confession is agreeing with God about my sin.

5. Intersession - James 5:16 "therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much." Intersession is praying for others.

6.Petition - John 15;7 "If you abide in me, and my words abide in you. Ask whatever you wish and it shall be done for you."  Petition is asking God for self and should be done at the very end of your prayer session. Many times we only take part in the petition part of prayer and it just doesn't work that way.   Never fail to ask daily for the infilling of the Holy Spirit.

There you have it. Miracle working prayer. Please join me each and every day in your prayer closet ( a quiet place without interruption) praying for the burden that the Holy Spirit has laid on your heart.



1 comment:

  1. Excellent advice, my friend. I always start the day with a brief bit of scripture and prayer. The day won't go right without it.
    Cheers,
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete